New Eden Magazine




I recently discovered the complete set of New Eden magazines I carefully stashed in a box along with many other influences, as I called them then ! Flicking through the oh-so glossy pages of the magazines it is amazing how fresh and crisp they all still look and indeed how they would put most current garden oriented magazines to shame. Not just for their design either...the photography is stunning...reviews and discussions and gardens mentioned are years ahead of the time in outlook and significance.
I am told it folded because it was simply too expensive..though it was comparable with the then cutting-edge Wallpaper magazine and that is still in production ! It makes me wonder if the magazine may have moved things toward the 'modern' a lot faster....indeed it made me realise how garden publishing had gone backwards in past years..hanging on by rubber garden gloved fingers to the traditional !!

Comments

Popular Posts