A Summer of Inspiration ......


This past summer I embarked on visiting over 100gardens around this glorious country of ours ! I had compiled this list from research done through the darker winter months, with the focus primarily on discovering what was new and being created by garden makers today.
I am always reading that horticulture and garden making is dying...however nothing could be further from the truth! Indeed, those that spread such gloom should simply get on their bikes and get visiting !
However, as I began my summer tour...I began to feel that what was needed was some sort of organisation to coordinate so many gardens, and in particular those with a more contemporary outlook...be it design, planting, structure or vision. 
It very soon became obvious that there was already this organisation, made the more apparent by a regularly viewed yellow sign ! The NGS !
Often criticised for a 'buddy-duddy tea and cake and poor garden' outlook, I have found nothing could be further from the truth ! In fact, what became only too apparent this summer, was the vast array of exciting and contemporary gardens there are opening under the guise of The NGS....so grab yourself a copy this year...get on your bike...and visit what I anticipate to be an exciting time out there....

Comments

Popular Posts