An NGS Discovery...one of many !


Adlington Hall


Not heard of it ? NO..nor had I ! The revelation through 2015 and particularly the spring and summer were the gardens discovered by simply flicking through the pages of the YELLOW BOOK ! 
Whilst staying with friends in Cheshire I did just that..and one of the gardens I found and was due to be open, was ADLINGTON HALL . I have learnt that if I do not know a garden and it has a write up like this, it is worth a look at least:  


'Adlington Hall and Gardens consists of a formal garden area with the Rose Garden and Yew maze. Beyond the South Front sits the Wilderness, a woodland with follies and a river winding through it. The trees and features date back centuries with some rare specimens having been planted by various members of the Legh family. There is often an abundance abundance of wildlife within this area too.
Recently restored Shell Cottage and T'Ing House. Bee friendly garden in the rose garden.'

What greeted me was this....




Without doubt this fed the garden historian in me to want to see more...so in summer..









Get this years NGS Yellow Book and go discover......



Adlington Hall 
Mill Lane
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK10 4LF

Comments

Popular Posts